WORLD TRADE GROUP
We understand the importance of protecting the personal information of our customers and our employees. To earn and maintain your trust we have designed our policy to meet or exceed the requirements of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and the ten principles set forth in the Canadian National Standard for the Protection of Personal Information. In addition, we are constantly looking for new and better ways to secure your personal information and to ensure that it is used in a responsible and respectful manner.
- Accountability: organizations are accountable for the personal information they collect, use, retain and disclose in the course of their commercial activities, including, but not limited to, the appointment of a Chief Privacy Officer;
- Identifying Purposes: organizations are to explain the purposes for which the information is being used at the time of collection and can only be used for those purposes;
- Consent: organizations must obtain an Individual’s express or implied consent when they collect, use, or disclose the individual’s personal information;
- Limiting Collection: the collection of personal information must be limited to only the amount and type that is reasonably necessary for the identified purposes;
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention: personal information must be used for only the identified purposes, and must not be disclosed to third parties unless the Individual consents to the alternative use or disclosure;
- Accuracy: organizations are required to keep personal information in active files accurate and up-to-date;
- Safeguards: organizations are to use physical, organizational, and technological safeguards to protect personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure.
- Openness: organizations must inform their clients and train their employees about their privacy policies and procedures;
- Individual Access: an individual has a right to access personal information held by an organization and to challenge its accuracy if need be; and
- Provide Recourse: organizations are to inform clients and employees of how to bring a request for access, or complaint, to the Chief Privacy Officer, and respond promptly to a request or complaint by the individual.
World Trade Group has individuals that are responsible for ensuring compliance with the requirements of PIPEDA. Should you have any questions regarding this policy or concerns with respect to World Trade Group compliance with the requirements of PIPEDA, you may contact World Trade Group data protection officer at the following Address:-
World Trade Group
Address: - 211 Yonge Street,
Toronto, ON M5B 1M4
Email: - email@example.com
Identifying Purpose of Collection
When you register, enquire or book for a World Trade Group product you will be required to provide certain personal information to complete your transaction, enquiry and or service. This may include name, contact & email address information, Contact numbers & Job Title. The information is required to identify you, in order to contact you, if necessary and to complete the process of your registration, enquiry or purchase.Cookies
A cookie is a small non-executable file that is stored on your hard drive for the purpose of identifying your computer. While it is possible to make to fulfil your requirements by having your browser's Internet security set such that it will not accept cookies your online experience may be greatly reduced.
World Trade Group uses both session cookies and permanent cookies. Session cookies are active only during the period you are logged on to World Trade Group websites and are removed when you leave. They help us track the sections of the website that you use to allow us to make improvements in keeping with observed user preferences.
Permanent cookies remain on your hard drive until you remove them through your browser's Internet security settings. Permanent cookies are used to store user preferences such as preferred language and thus eliminate your having to make the same entries on each visit.
World Trade Group collects certain information about your computer hardware and software, this includes (however not limited to):
- IP Address
- Browser Type
- Operating System
- Access Times
- Referring Website Address
Consent to World Trade Group can be provided orally, in writing or electronically or it can be implied where the purpose for collecting or disclosing the personal information would be considered obvious to the contact to voluntarily provide personal information for that purpose.
When you register, enquire or book; your email address if disclosed will be added to our email list that will be used to contact you occasionally with offers that we feel will be of interest to you.
If you do not want World Trade Group to contact you with offers you may withdraw your consent at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link available in all World Trade Group emails or contacting the data protection officer at the address disclosed in the accountability section of this policy.
World Trade Group will limit the collection of personal information to that which is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected for.
World Trade Group uses contractual and other means to ensure that your personal information is afforded protection that meets the requirements of PIPEDA whenever a third party service provider is used to for research or survey purposes or to perform services on our behalf and that third party agent.
In some cases, these third party service providers may be located outside Canada and may be required to disclose information to government authorities, regulators, courts, or law enforcement in those countries.
Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
World Trade Group will only use or disclose personal information to fulfil purposes identified at the time of collection or for a purpose reasonably related to those purposes such as:
- To conduct surveys in order to enhance the provisions of services.
- To contact prospects or customers directly about products & services that may be of interest.
We will not use or disclose personal information for any additional purposes unless we obtain the consent to do so.
We do not rent or sell our customer e-mail lists. We may share information with other professional organisations (including our event sponsors/exhibitors) to promote similar products and services. In particular, we will share information between different companies in the World Trade Group organisation. If you do not want to make your details available, please contact the data protection officer using the contact details disclosed in the accountability section of this policy.
All information is retained for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected.
We will make every effort to ensuring that all personal information is accurate and complete. You may request a correction to your personal information at any time by contacting the data protection officer using the contact details disclosed in the accountability section of this policy.
We are committed to ensuring appropriate security of personal information in order to protect it from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, or disposal or similar risks.
Security of payment uses Secure Socket Layer protocol (SSL) which allows all personal information such as your payment card number, to be encrypted as it travels from your computer to World Pay.
We will use appropriate security measures when destroying personal information such as: shredding documents & deleting electronically stored information.
We will continually review and update our security policies and controls as technology changes to ensure ongoing personal information security.
World Trade Group privacy practices are as outlined within this policy. Should you have any questions or comments you may do so by contacting the data protection officer using the contact details disclosed in the accountability section of this policy.
With certain limited exceptions as provided in the PIPEDA you have a right to access your personal information held by World Trade Group. Upon request we will also tell prospects or customers how we use their personal information.
You may access your personal information held at World Trade Group by contacting the data protection officer using the contact details disclosed in the accountability section of this policy.
Challenging Compliance & Complaints
If you have any concerns or complaints regarding World Trade Group with the 10 principles of the PIPEDA please contact the data protection officer using the contact details disclosed in the accountability section of this policy. Complaints concerning World Trade Group compliance with PIPEDA are taken seriously and all complaints are investigated.